Clients tell me they’d like to podcast, but getting started never gets off the to-do list. When I asked why they shared the biggest reasons that keep them from taking action.
They aren’t podcasting because they don’t know:
• How it can help them (will it lead to connections, sales etc.)
• How to do it (the technology piece)
1. The tech piece is a valid concern, but it’s easier than ever thanks to some no-cost tools. Even basic editing (like adding an introduction) is easy to learn. Lack of technical expertise didn’t stop you from having a website, or selling online, or scheduling appointments virtually, so don’t let it stop you here either.
2. Expanding your reach is job one. The magic kicks in when people who don’t know you or haven’t been to your website or store start connecting because they heard your podcast.
3. You can be yourself. It’s personal and intimate in a way that blogging never will be.
4. Your voice is needed. The best podcasts are those where there’s a point of view. What do you think about your industry? What’s great? What would you change if you had a magic wand? That’s the conversation listeners want to hear.
5. It’s real. Editing out the ums and ahs doesn’t sterilize it into a recorded lecture.
6. Others will seek you out. As you become known for your insights and opinions, you’ll likely be invited as a guest on other podcasts. You’ll also receive pitch ideas for posts and guests for your podcast.
7. You can make money. Sponsorships work like in other mediums. Listeners choose to invest this time with you. Advertisers love an engaged audience.
8. You can give listeners an experience. They will know you and your brand in a way that cements their opinion and perspective.
9. It’s as easy as having a conversation with a friend. In fact, that may be the best way to start.
10. It’s evergreen. My podcasts get downloads every month. Almost all of them.
11. Bonus It’s easy to repurpose. It can be transcribed into a blog post,
updated into a video,
make a few slides and put it on slideshare.
Create once, share many.
Two Killer Reasons Why You Should Podcast
- You have something of value to share, to say, to get out into the world. Do you need anything else?
- It’s going to raise your profile in a new way and help you grow an audience of listeners, fans and clients.
Podcasting works and it’s easier than ever to get started.
iTunes New and Noteworthy Checklist Here
(a great way to get your podcast noticed!)